PointsBet offers one of the most distinctive online sports betting platforms in the US. The “PointsBetting” wagering style sets the PointsBet app apart from its competitors, allowing bettors to win (or lose) more money based on the final margin.
The company has been expanding rapidly. PointsBet New York launched in January 2022 in what might become the largest mobile sports betting market in the United States. There is another potential launch in Louisiana coming later this year. PointsBet also launched in Pennsylvania in February. The PointsBet app is now available in with legal sports betting.
In states where PointsBet is available, new bettors can sign up for an account using the PointsBet promo code on this page, which yields up to $500 in risk-free bets.
PointsBet Promo Code 2022
Claim up to $500 in a risk-free bet with our exclusive PointsBet promo code BONUSDAYS. The offer includes 5 risk-free bets up to $100 each. You’re able to claim one risk-free bet per day for your first five days using the app.
Terms & conditions apply.
|PointsBet Promo Code||BONUSDAYS|
|Type Of Bonus||Risk-Free Bets Up to $500|
|Terms and Conditions||5 Risk-Free Bets Up to $100 Each. One risk-free bet per day for first 5 days with PointsBet. Additional terms and conditions apply.|
|States Available In||CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
|Promo Code Verified||May 2022|
Newcomers to PointsBet can use the promo code offered here at doubledowncasino Today to unlock up to $500 in risk-free bets. The PointsBet promo code BONUSDAYS unlocks 5 risk-free bets up to $100 each.
Other PointsBet Sportsbook promotions include daily odds boosts, game insurance, and a $100 refer-a-friend bonus.
The overall package of promotions at PointsBet gets high marks for creativity and player-friendly offers.
Sports bettors can find one of the most robust selections of sports and ways to wager at PointsBet.
Clicking on the “Sports A-Z” tag from the menu bar at the top left corner of the main lobby brings up a list of all available sports. All of the major domestic sports leagues appear on this menu, including the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NASCAR, UFC, and more.
PointsBet frequently offers hundreds of different ways to wager on a single game. A recent NBA contest between the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls, for example, offered 279 different available wagers.
That extensive list of bets included player props, quarters and halves bets, single-game parlays, and the platform’s trademark PointBetting wagering style. The PointsBetting lines on the game looked like this:
PointsBetting: New York Knicks vs. Chicago Bulls (50x Cap)
|New York Knicks||+5|
Starting with the Knicks (+5) or Bulls (-3) as a baseline, you can bet up to 50 units on either side. After making that bet, you win a unit for every point your chosen team wins by after the point spread is applied.
If you bet on the Knicks (+5), for example, and New York wins the game by 10, you win 15 units (the 10-point margin of victory with the (+5) spread added. If you bet $100 units on the game and wagered at least 15 units, you would win $1,500 on the bet.
Other PointsBet Features
Other features include robust selections of alternative lines as well as:
- “Name A Bet”: Offers pre-packaged parlays with player-friendly odds boosts requested by other players. You can also request a custom line through the “Name a Bet” feature.
- Same-Game Parlay: Build a parlay from events within the same game, such as a moneyline and two prop bets on a single NBA game.
- Best Odds Guarantee: If you find better odds at a competing sportsbook, PointsBet will match or beat it, guaranteed.
In addition to US-based leagues, PointsBet also offers a thorough selection of international betting markets. The PointsBet Sportsbook betting markets offer just about anything a bettor could want from a sportsbook.
In March 2021, PointsBet acquired Banack Technology to expand the strength of its live, in-game betting and wagering.
2022 NFL Odds At PointsBet
|There are currently no nfl game odds to display.|
PointsBet stands out for the PointsBetting wagering style it offers in addition to traditional fixed-odds betting. But PointsBet also offers competitive odds across the main game lines and futures. Bettors will always have to shop for the best odds across sportsbooks. However, PointsBet should be one of the sportsbook accounts that bettors create.
How To Shop For The Best Point Spread And Over/Under Odds
Point spreads are bets on how much a favorite will win by or how little an underdog will lose by. Over/unders are bets on whether both teams combined will score above or below a set number of points.
Bettors who are betting on the favorite or the under want to bet on the smallest number across sportsbooks. -1.5 is better for bettors than -1. For underdogs and overs, bettors want the largest numbers. All else equal, +1.5 is better for bettors than +1.
After finding the best spreads, bettors want the best odds. The standard odds on these bets are -110 on each side. However, bettors will often see point spreads deviate far from -110/-110 lines. Over/unders will often remain pretty close to standard odds, but can deviate a little across sportsbooks.
Here’s an example of this type of analysis on a set of 2022 NBA lines:
Boston Celtics +1.5 (-115) +1.0 (-110)
Brooklyn Nets -1.5 (-105) -1.0 (-110)
PointsBet offers a better spread on the Celtics and the Nets. So, even though Caesars has better odds on the Celtics, bettors should place their bets at PointsBet on this one. That extra half-point prevents a push, which returns a bettor’s stake back to them. This is the kind of analysis bettors should get used to making if they’re in sports betting for the long run.
How To Shop For The Best Moneyline Odds
Moneyline odds are odds on who will win. These odds can vary greatly across sportsbooks. So, like all other bets, odds shopping is important on moneylines. Moneylines are among the most popular bets to make on MLB games. Here’s how moneylines can vary across major sportsbook brands:
In this comparison, PointsBet and BetMGM had the same odds on the Astros. But PointsBet had better odds on the Rangers. It’s only a five-point difference. However, those small differences are critical to long-term success as a sports bettor. Finding the best odds can give savvy bettors an edge over time.
Does PointsBet Have The Best Futures Odds?
There are two things bettors need to know about shopping for the best futures odds. First, sportsbook futures have a theoretical hold. Theoretical hold is the amount of money a sportsbook expects to make from all of its customers’ bets. The higher a book’s theoretical hold, the lower the odds overall and vice versa. Small differences don’t matter too much. But a 5-6% difference in theoretical hold can lead to visible differences in odds.
But odds on individual teams can still be better at a high-hold book than a lower-hold book. Here’s an example of 2022-23 NFL futures:
|NFL Futures Theoretical Hold||Tampa Bay Buccaneers Odds||Buffalo Bills Odds|
PointsBet had a lower theoretical hold than WynnBET. But the difference was small enough that both books were competitive with each other. They had the same odds on the Bills, so the difference in theoretical odds wasn’t a huge deal.
However, PointsBet had noticeably better odds on the Buccaneers than WynnBET. A $100 bet on the Buccaneers at PointsBet would’ve payed out $150 more than at WynnBET. So, bettors need to get in the habit of odds shopping at competitive sportsbook brands.
PointsBet iOS App
Apple device owners (iPhone, iPad) can find the PointsBet app as a free download in the App Store. PointsBet mobile betting translates seamlessly from the desktop version to the mobile app, including all of the features from the browser-based PointsBet platform. Apple iOS users give the PointsBet mobile betting app 4.5 stars out of 5 over more than 2,300 reviews.
PointsBet Android App
The PointsBet app for Android is available in the Google Play Store as of July 2021. Google recently changed its stance on real-money gambling apps, so the PointsBet mobile betting app is now available for download in the Google Play Store.
PointsBet Sportsbook Site
You can access the PointsBet Sportsbook website from virtually any desktop browser. The desktop platform offers all of the features from the PointsBet mobile app, with no download required. As with the PointsBet mobile betting app, you must be located within a state that legally offers PointsBet to use the desktop client.
Bettors can deposit funds and make bets at PointsBet. You must be located within the limits of one of these states while you’re making a bet. Apple iOS can find PointsBet as a free download in the App Store, while Android users can get the app from the “Mobile App” link at the bottom of the PointsBet lobby. PointsBet can also be accessed through virtually any desktop browser, with no download required.
Here’s a general rundown of the registration process and how to start placing bets:
- Register For A PointsBet Account – The PointsBet homepage displays a menu that asks you to choose your state. If you’re located in one of the states where PointsBet operates (CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV), you’ll be redirected to the PointsBet platform dedicated to your state. Click the “Sign Up” tab, and you’ll go to a page asking for first and last name, valid email address, and PointsBet promo code.
- Claim The Welcome Bonus – In the field asking for the “Sign Up Code” on the registration screen, enter the PointsBet promo code from this page on doubledowncasino Today. This code unlocks five risk-free bets up to $500 after you’ve made your first deposit.
- Make Your First Deposit – Once you’ve registered for a new account, you can make your first deposit using several different methods. Online banking, PayPal, and Visa/MasterCard offer rapid, convenient deposit methods. PointsBet offers more deposit options in some states than others.
- Place Your First Bet – After making your first deposit, you can browse the sportsbook and start placing bets.
PointsBet started as an Australian sports-betting brand, known for its trademark PointsBetting style of wagering. The company expanded into the US in 2019 and has since emerged as one of the top up-and-coming sports betting brands on domestic shores.
PointsBet now offers legal online sports betting in New Jersey, New York, Colorado, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. Despite other apps expanding more quickly, PointsBet has slowed its expansion. In July 2021, PointsBet announced a partnership with the Cliff Castle Casino Hotel in Arizona and announced Drew Brees as a brand ambassador, which could infer its entry into Louisiana. PointsBet also launched in Virginia on December 15, 2021.
PointsBet secured several partnerships with major sports leagues and teams in 2020 and 2021. PointsBet operates as the Official Sports Betting Partner of NBC Sports and also works as a partner of the Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Detroit Tigers, and other sports franchises. They also are a partner of the NHL.
PointsBet secured a partnership with Cliff Castle Casino Hotel to bring a mobile sports betting app to Arizona bettors. The app is expected to launch on September 9 along with other approved online sportsbook operators.
PointsBet New Jersey
PointsBet expansion into US territory began with the launch of PointsBet New Jersey in January 2019. The platform operates under a licensing partnership with New Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey.
The New Meadowlands license, powered by PointsBet and DraftKings Sportsbooks, functions as the top-earning license in the ultra-competitive New Jersey online sports betting market.
With more than 15 different online sports betting platforms available, Colorado represents one of the most competitive sports betting markets in the US.
PointsBet Colorado launched in November 2020 in partnership with Double Eagle Casino. PointsBet works with partnerships in place with , including the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets.
Illinois launched online sports betting in June 2020 and emerged as a powerhouse in the legal US market in a short time. PointsBet Illinois launched in September 2020, just in time for the NFL season. The platform operates in Illinois under a partnership with Hawthorne Race Course.
The Chicago Bears brought on PointsBet as an shortly after the PointsBet Illinois launch.
PointsBet Michigan, along with nine other online sportsbooks, went live in Michigan in January 2021. Michigan projects to emerge as one of the biggest sports betting markets in the US.
Northern Waters Casino Resort acts as the land-based casino partner for PointsBet Michigan. The agreement will yield a PointsBet Casino online product at some point as well.
PointsBet acts as an official sports betting partner of the ,, and Detroit Tigers.
PointsBet New York
PointsBet launched in New York in January 2022 – just a couple of weeks after mobile sports betting went live in the state.
PointsBet launched in Pennsylvania on February 10, 2022 in a partnership with Hollywood Casino York.
PointsBet Virginia launched in the state on December 15, 2021, in a partnership with Colonial Downs Racetrack.
PointsBet West Virginia
PointsBet launched in West Virginia in August 2021 in partnership with Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races. PointsBet has plans to expand in more US states including a launch in New York in early 2022.
The PointsBet app offers one of the best overall packages in the online sports betting market. The PointsBetting option and other creative lines on each game put PointsBet in a category all its own as far as the variety of betting markets.
Bettors of all experience levels should enjoy the PointsBet platform. Since launching in 2019, the PointsBet sportsbook app has emerged as a top-tier product.
Our PointsBet Sportsbook review rates the platform at 4.7 out of 5 overall, as an average of the six categories discussed on this page.
Why You’ll Like PointsBet
- Hundreds of ways to bet on most games
- A comprehensive selection of domestic and international sports
- One-of-a-kind “PointsBetting” wagering options
What Could Be Improved
- Some states lack a few deposit options
- No deposit match bonus
PointsBet App General Review
Deposit And Withdrawal
- Debit/Credit Cards – Visa and MasterCard debit and credit cards can be used for deposits, but sometimes get rejected by the issuing bank.
- Online Banking – Online banking drafts an electronic check from your valid bank account, and pushes it through an Automatic Clearing House for rapid approval.
- PayPal – The most reliable deposit option, PayPal transactions go through with nearly 100% success at PointsBet.
- PointsBet MasterCard – A prepaid card exclusively offered by PointsBet, the PointsBet MasterCard links directly to your sportsbook account.
- Online Banking – The ACH/eCheck method can be used for withdrawals as well as deposits.
- PayPal – PayPal cashouts can take anywhere from 2-5 days to complete, but often close out sooner.
- PointsBet MasterCard – You can instantly transfer funds to and from your PointsBet account using this prepaid card.
PointsBet Customer Support
PointsBet offers both email and live chat support. The live chat support channel generally offers a faster response, with agents available 24/7.
The “Help” link at the bottom left of the main lobby also includes information that could answer many common questions.
- New Jersey – Licensed by the Division of doubledowncasino Enforcement, operating in partnership with New Meadowlands Racetrack. PointsBet operates as an online-only platform in New Jersey.
- Colorado – Licensed by the Colorado Division of doubledowncasino, operating in partnership with Double Eagle Casino. The platform operates as an online-only client, but a retail PointsBet Sportsbook will open at some point at the Double Eagle Casino.
- Indiana – Licensed by the Indiana doubledowncasino Commission, operating in partnership with Hollywood Lawrenceburg Casino. PointsBet functions as an online-only sportsbook in Indiana.
- Illinois – Licensed by the Illinois doubledowncasino Board, operating in partnership with Hawthorne Race Course. A casino property is currently under construction at Hawthorne Race Course and eventually will offer a retail PointsBet Sportsbook.
- Iowa – Licensed by the Iowa Racing and doubledowncasino Commission, operating in partnership with Catfish Bend Casino. The casino hosts an on-property PointsBet Sportsbook.
- Michigan – Licensed by the Michigan doubledowncasino Control Board, operating in partnership with Northern Waters Casino Resort. PointsBet only offers online sports betting in Michigan.
PointsBet Sportsbook App FAQs
Yes. PointsBet offers legal online sports betting in nearly a dozen states. You must be located in New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, or Michigan to place a legal wager with PointsBet.
PointsBet operates as a licensed and approved product by gaming regulators in those states.
Bettors can download the PointsBet app for Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) from the App Store. Android users can find the app on the Google Play Store.
The PointsBet app offers legal online wagering in New Jersey, Colorado, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan. The platform can be accessed as a desktop client as well, with no download required.
PointsBet Michigan and Northern Waters Casino Resort launched a PointsBet online casino. Plans for a PointsBet New Jersey Casino are also in the works.
PointsBet, along with all other legal online gambling apps, uses geolocation technology to determine your location when you log in or try to place a bet.
You must be located within the borders of one of the states where PointsBet operates to place a bet. The geolocation services will block you from betting if you’re not located in a state where PointsBet is legal.
Using the PointsBet promo code offered here at doubledowncasino Today unlocks five risk-free bets up to $100 each using promo code BONUSDAYS.
Yes. PointsBet operates as a licensed and approved product by gaming regulation agencies in six states. PointsBet offers sports betting under license partnerships with land-based casinos in each state.
Placing a bet with the PointsBet app offers the same level of safety as placing a bet inside a legal retail casino.